Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Singing in the Choir

This past weekend was a whirlwind of activities at The Avery House. With my job at my church, I help to coordinate the children's Sunday School program including teacher and assistant training, schedules, etc. as well as weekly lesson plans. Saturday was a big training day for teachers and assistants, and Sunday was our Rally Day in which we had a big festival of fun activities to kick off the start of our Sunday School year. Rally Day was a huge success and we all had a wonderful and exciting time. But the highlight of our weekend was Emma-Caroline becoming an official member of the choir at our church.
 I was very proud of her going to the choir room before services to put on her robe and to prepare without so much as a whine that she didn't want to do it. She is very serious about her role as a member of the choir and she did a wonderful job. Our Director of Music at the church is amazing and Emma-Caroline has already learned so much from him. He also played the organ instrumentals at our wedding, so we are thrilled to also have Mr. Garvey as Emma-Caroline's choir director. It all just comes full circle and is such a moment of happiness and amazement. We look forward to hearing our girl sing each Sunday as she continues as a member of the choir.

3 comments:

nancy said...

This morning I was awakened, way too early, by the sound of my telephone alerting me that I had a text message. After reading the message, I set my alarm and didn't want to be awakened again by that awful sound, so I picked a sound that happened to be Emma-Caroline's sweet singing voice that I had recorded many months earlier. When I was awakened again, I remembered that Emma-Caroline was now singing in the choir, and I let her sing to me over and over for a little while. I can't wait to hear her singing again in person. I will have to record another sweet tune!

Love to you all .... Nana

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Oh, what a blessing it must be to see that beautiful face singing each Sunday!!!!!! She's precious!
How are you friend??? I'm sorry I've been absent....but I've been moving....we're HOME!!! Can you believe it???? I hope to catch up even more in a few days/I pray that you are well!!!

Hugs/blessings,
Lana

Elizabeth Ann said...

That is definitely very nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...