Thursday, September 22, 2011

Centennial Olympic Park Atlanta

 I may have this story wrong, and if I do, I am certain my mom will set it right, but when I was a little girl of the mere age of two, the United States celebrated its bicentennial year. I remember going to a park that was somewhere in Georgia, perhaps it was in Macon, or perhaps we were visiting my Aunt Brenda in Atlanta. The city we were in doesn't really matter, what does matter though is that I remember.
 I remember it being a sunny day. I remember a vast expanse of green grass, swings and these wonderful rocking horses that would teeter me back and forth. I remember I was very happy and that I loved that park!
 The last time we were in Atlanta back in April, we stopped at Centennial Olympic Park on our way back to our hotel from the Georgia Aquarium. On this trip, Emma-Caroline and Sophie asked if they were going to get to go to that "real fun park." in " 'Lanta" as Sophie calls Atlanta.
 They remembered!
 They remembered the cool slides and  the teetering, spin chairs, and the loungy swings. They remembered how much fun they had had with their friends Katie and Davis the last time they were there. And they wanted to go back.
Childhood memories are so important to have, especially if they are of wonderful happy fun times. It makes me happy that my girls will remember Centennial Olympic Park as fondly as I remember the park that I played in somewhere in Georgia on the bicentennial of our nation.

1 comment:

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Yes--what a beautiful park! Those childhood memories full of innocence and play outside are magical! How wonderful that your daughters (they're so beautiful!) are making the same kind of memories--you're a great mom!
I hope I can meet you soon now that we're back in the States! You're welcome in Huntsville ANY time!
Love/hugs/blessings,
Lana

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...