Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cherished Playthings

When I was a little girl, I use to love playing in the attic with my mom and Aunt Brenda and Aunt Linda's dolls and toys. They had beautiful dolls and I thought they were wonderful with their old fashioned dresses and construction. I cherished those dolls and toys and still have them, placed gently away. 
Some of the toys that belonged to my mom and aunts though, I have used to decorate Emma-Caroline and Sophie's rooms.
My mom's old sock monkey has always held a place of honor on the pink shelf in Sophie's room.
My girls have continued the tradition of playing with their mommy's dolls and toys like my favorite "Ellie Phant." I am happy to say that each of my own cherished dolls and kept toys and books is now cherished by another generation. Both Emma-Caroline and Sophie also have a small pink ceramic baby shoe that belonged to their Great Aunts. I like having things like toys that were cherished by anothor. I  also like that my own girls have toys from yesteryear that have been handed down to them that they appreciate, play with and cherish.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Savannah use to love playing with my Holly Hobby doll. I miss those days. Enjoy your beautiful little ones. xo

Elizabeth Ann said...

I have Howie's Cabbage Patch Doll. He always has a special place in my room.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...