Saturday, August 6, 2011

Me, Myself, and I

As a photographer, one is constantly behind the lens, snapping photos of little pieces of time that we hope to remember forever. Each photo tells a story in and of itself of a time, a place, a location, a feeling, a memory. It is with great pleasure that I take on the task of being the photographer wherever I am for whatever occasion. It's all a part of documenting the history of life. I rarely step out from behind my lens and hand over the camera to someone else unless they ask me if I would like my photo taken. It's nice to sometimes glance at a photo of myself just in that moment of time. It connects me to the life that I am photographing in that instance of time and makes that memory a little bit more a part of me, myself, and I. I suppose that is why I frequently photograph myself in mirrors, windows, shadows. It's not for the sheer love of seeing myself in photography, not in the least! It is rather a need to be a part of the world of which I am capturing through my camera's lens that I photograph the reflection of me. The following photo was snapped by my step-mom Pam while we were on the Emma Caroline II. I love it because it puts me in that place and documents my being there, Me, Myself, and I.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Gorgeous as always!

Pam said...

Amy, you always amaze me with your thoughtful words and insight. This is a beautiful picture of you-you are so beautiful!

Sheri said...

Beautiful picture - love your dress!

patty said...

and it's a beautiful shot! xo

Cathy said...

So nice to meet you! Any friend of Patty's is a friend of mine, too :) And she's right! Your photography is superb. (And I connect with your words in this post...sometimes I leave my camera home because I don't want to miss the "being" there)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...