Friday, August 5, 2011

The Dog Days of Summer

Have you ever wondered why they call the hottest part of Summer the "Dog Days of Summer?" According to Wikipedia, "The name comes from the ancient belief that Sirius, also called the Dog Star, in close proximity to the sun was responsible for the hot weather." You can find out more information on why the hottest days of summer are called "Dog Days" here. For me, as well as many of my canine friends, I could do without the  "Dog Days" in favor of cooler temperatures coming our way in the crisp days of fall. Even my little friend Mickey (beloved Carin Terrier of the Emma Caroline II) thinks its a bit hot for this Salty Dog to stand.
 Soon little guy the Dog Days of Summer will be over and you'll be a much cooler hound!

3 comments:

patty said...

great shot!!

paige said...

honestly this heat is oppressive!
i can't imagine living where the temps hover in the 80's and never have a heat index over 100.
ugh

Kelly said...

I Love my Mickey Puppy! He was very happy to see you and the girls this summer =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...