Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Before there was Harry Potter

Before there was Harry Potter, for me, there was Nancy Drew. I used to love to read through the mystery series of the young teenage sleuth, Nancy Drew and her friends. No, the Nancy Drew series never caused a world frenzy of Nancy Drew fans and blockbuster movies, but it did stir a love for reading in the youth of America during it's day, which incidentally was before my day. I gladly read all of the Nancy Drew series as a child, and I am now glad to see that these books are now being enjoyed by yet another generation of readers in our household.

5 comments:

nancy said...

Reading Nancy Drew at six is amazing!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

That is amazing. I am so proud of our little Emma-Caroline.

Love,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

Amanda said...

Wow! What a great reader!

patty said...

i loved nancy drew, too! :) {and i don't think it was too far before MY day!! teeheehee!}

absees123s said...

Nancy Drew was and is one of my favorites! I'll keep that in mind this year while I'm planning! :O)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...