Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lunch Time Woes!


Since we have returned from Walt Disney World, we have been befuddled by Sophie's sudden non desire to go to school. It first began as, "I don't wanna go to school!" "Why, Sophie? You love school?" Then it progressed to, "I don't wanna stay at school long!" "What's wrong Sophie, is something bothering you?" And then the truth came out, "I don't wanna eat dat meat at school!" OK, here I stop and chuckle to myself quite a bit. You are probably thinking that I am horrible for laughing at my child's lunch woes, but it's not that. I am laughing because I totally feel Sophie's pain! Sophie is JUST LIKE me when I was a little girl. To say I disliked the cafeteria food is putting it VERY mildly. I LOATHED it! And like Sophie, it gave me nightmares to think of eating it. In Kindergarten, I even went so far as to pour milk on my food because one of my peers suggested it would taste better that way. Not so much! From that point forward, my sweet mom religiously packed my lunch for me. Thanks Mom! So it will be with Sophie, I will pack her lunch so she won't have any more night mares about "Dat Meat at school" and she can return to loving school as always.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Poor Sophie. I'm glad she let you know exactly what was bothering her about school. I never liked cafeteria food much, either. Now she will feel much better and happier about going to school. I do remember that about you,too, Amy. I think you lived on peanut butter and jelly and finally graduated to ham and cheese. Little Debbie cookies were also part of your favorites for lunch. Sophie's lunch box is so cute and so much more fiminine than the metal ones.

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam said...

That is so precious and I don't blame her one bit! I absolutely know that all of my children would've starved to death if peanut butter had never been invented. Yea for peanut butter and jelly!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

I don't blame Sophie one "bite" either, she knows what is good and what is awful. Yea for Sophie!!!

The older I get the more picky I am about food for some reason..,but when I was young I loved it all and couldn't wait till the next meal. Mama loved to cook for me, those were the good meals though.

Love you all,
Aunt Brenda

Elizabeth Ann said...

Thats really cute. Oddly enough I am a very choosy eater now but i always liked school breakfast and lunch. Had it every day all year (yes even in the summer).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...