Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Haunting Tales!

One of my favorite things as a child in school was receiving a Scholastic Book order form. I would carefully read over every book offer and description and then decide upon the books that I would like to get for that order. One year I chose a book about a spooky old witch. The book came with a cassette tape and I remember that I couldn't wait to get home and listen to my new Halloween book on my cassette player!
I still get excited about Scholastic Book Order forms. Both Emma-Caroline and Sophie received order forms for the Fall and Halloween season.
We couldn't resist picking some fun Halloween tales to get us in the spooky mood of the season.
One of my favorite books, "Ghosts in the House!" that I came across was actually not from the book order, but rather a local book store.
It's a great little book and we all highly recommend it for your Halloween book reading pleasure. We hope you find your own happy haunting tales to read this Halloween!

2 comments:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

That is exciting. To see the books you can order. I loved that when I would do that for Bryce during his childhood years. He had quite a collection.

Take care and have fun reading the awesome and colorful stories with the girls.

Love,
Aunt Brenda

Elizabeth Ann said...

I remember that also from being little. It was a lot of fun. Happy reading.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...