Saturday, October 23, 2010

I Heart Bearden Elementary School!

Last night we attended the first ever Bearden Elementary School Fall Auction to benefit Emma-Caroline's school. My friend Whitney coordinated the event and to say she did a fantastic job is merely scratching the surface. It was AWESOME!!! With the help of two very talented local artists, Lynn Arnwine and Amy, who are also parents of children at Bearden, each class created an original piece of artwork to be auctioned. Emma-Caroline's class was the piece de resistance and EVERYONE wanted it including ME!
At the end, it became a real nail-biter as I staked my claim on the well-sought after piece. There was even talk in the crowd that "two blonds" were going toe to toe for the prized artwork. In reality, my friend Brettany was standing with me and even put in a small bid increase in my favor. The auction closed, and I won!!! I was thrilled. I had never bid on something and won! Selfishly, I will be hanging the artwork in my home (actually it is already hung) and will not be giving it to the school. No one really expects me to give it to the school actually. It is after all a piece of art that Emma-Caroline's class worked on together to paint. I will, however, be taking a nice photo of it to reproduce on note cards as gifts to the principal and to Mrs. Hughes
Emma-Caroline woke up this morning and was ecstatic to find her class's painting hanging in our keeping room. I am happy we were able to buy it for our family and that we were also able to contribute to our wonderful school.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

This is a beautiful picture. I'm glad you won the auction. The picture of Emma-Caroline is adorable. I can't believe how grown-up she looks. Love ... Mom

Pam said...

What an awesome picture! It looks perfect in your keeping room and Emma Caroline looks so proud. Are you sure you didn't paint it?
See you soo!

Love, Pam

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

LOL! No Pam, I didn't paint it. The artist Lynn, I mentioned drew the outline and guided the kids in painting the painting. She was really patient with them and each class painting was just as wonderful. This one just so happened to be a painting of the school so everyone wanted it. I do LOVE it and EC has been so happy telling all her friends about HER painting!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

I love that painting. You have been able to acquire some unsual things and make good use of them very well; that makes your home so hommie. I love it!!!!
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...