Friday, November 12, 2010

One Week Post-Op

This time last week, my tendons and nerves were being sewn back together by a wonderful doctor. The surgery was a success and I am glad I am one week past the surgery into recovery time. My left hand has become surprisingly more and more adept at typing, brushing hair, cleaning the house, making beds, etc., etc. When I was told I COULD NOT do things like fold laundry and make beds, my left hand said, "Don't worry, I got your back!" And so it has been. As my right hand recuperates and rests, my left hand has come out in full force and has not let me down. All kidding aside, I am not able to drive and do a lot of things I need to do like unpack our 2nd storage load of boxes, but that's OK. I am still ever appreciative of all the help and well-wishes I have received since my injury. I am blessed and humbled to say the least. Here's a one handed photo of the hand in healing process. Avert eyes if you don't like to see post-op stuff. It's not so bad though.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Ann said...

Wow. Im glad evertything is working out and its getting better. Best of luck with doing stuff lefty. I know its difficult but your a trooper.

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I hope you healing process is going well. I love you!
Pobre la Mano Derecha
No Se preocupe
La mano izquierda, va un Llevar la Carga
Aunque ...
Puede ser que haya un impedimento del habla ligera

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...