Tuesday, November 9, 2010

An Ode to La Mano Derecha, or the Right Hand

La Mano Derecha, oh how I miss you!
You made my life so much easier.
Simple tasks such as writing, typing, folding laundry and making beds
Have become grand mountains to conquer
As your not so capable twin tries to master these mundane tasks.
Oh Mano Derecha, how I long to have you back
To take me driving in my minivan and to easily brush my teeth!
I will truly rejoice when you return to me in full function
And I am liberated from one handedness once again!
Eight weeks long you will be gone from brushing hair and placing hair bows!
You are truly missed!
We will all sing your praises when you return!

Side note: The Left Hand is already ready for a vacation!

1 comment:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Good Morning Amy,
I know that must be hard trying to do the tasks you do each day as a mother, wife and just as the person you are. Take care of yourself and pace yourself with this injury, delegate small chors to Emma-Caroline, Sophie and big ones to Howie or anyone willing to help out. Wish I were there to get you through this ordeal. One can come to appreciate perfect health when we loose the ability to perform as usual. Many, many blessings to you as you recover from this really bad injury..., I couldn't imagine anything worse, but of course there are worse situations, like permanent injuries, but I could not imagine how someone could cope with anything worse. Guess Faith gets one through it all.
Love to you all,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...