Friday, November 19, 2010

Forest Brook House, Before and After


OK, so many of you have already seen this before and after pic since I posted it on Facebook, but I wanted to post here on our blog too. We love our new Avery House. When we first saw it, it was my birthday, March 13th. Our now neighbor and realtor told Howie when we came to see it, "Howie, you just need to tie a big old red bow around this house and give it to Amy for her birthday!" "Oh that seals it," I thought, "Howie is NOT going to like this house." We walked in, and I LOVED it, it was warm and felt like home. We especially loved the kitchen, back sun room and outdoor Pavilion, but I wasn't getting my hopes up. I prayed that whatever house we bought it would be the one Howie showed the most interest in. THIS was the house! After consulting with an architect, Howie was convinced this was the house for us and I whole-heatedly agreed. We bought the house from a wonderful couple, Gina and Paul, who are now friends and neighbors, and signed paperwork to take possession of it on Howie's birthday, May 6th. So in essence this house was a birthday present for BOTH Howie and I. We didn't tie a big red bow around it, but we did give it a bit of a makeover with our new addition. And so goes the story of the beginnings of the new Avery House. Seven months later, we are nearing completion of our project. It has been a long process of actual blood, sweat, and tears, but it has been worth it. We are thankful for our new home. We are blessed and happy!

4 comments:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Very well put Amy. I love the before and after pictures too. You two have certainly put your heart into this home also. I love it and it is an awesome home for family and friends to feel comfortable when there because of the many unique facets of the home.
What a great birthday present for both of you and you you picked another great neighborhood too. Awesome that this venture has finally come to near completion.

Love,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

Nancy said...

Amy, Howie, Emma-Caroline and Sophie - I know this will be a wonderful, happy home for you all for many, many, many years to come, and I know you will make many wonderful memories that you will cherish forever. Love you ... Mom

Elizabeth Ann said...

What a difference. Im so happy for you both.

KimberFNP said...

Wow! That's an amazing transformation. I can't wait to keep reading further.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...