Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veteran's Day 2010

Thank you to all the men and women in my life and to those I don't know for your service to our country. We are proud of you! This is a picture my sister Katie found of our dad's Marine Corp squadron when he served in Vietnam. He is in the third row, third from left under the shadow. He was just a very young man, but so brave! I just downloaded the picture below and am adding it to my Veteran's Day post this afternoon at 3:30pm. So glad my sister Kelly posted this pic on her Facebook page as it is one of my favorites.
This is a picture of my step-mom Pam who is now a retired Commander in the Navy. I have always been so very proud of her for her service and leadership in our nation's armed forces. Thank you Pam!

5 comments:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Awesome picture!!! Those were tough days, when our brother-in-laws, husbands,school friends and neighbors were serving in the Vietnam War and other wars past and present. I commend all the ones for their sacrifice and dedication then and now to make a difference for World Peace. My sincerest blessings to all of the Veterans yesterday and today.
God Bless You All!!!

Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

Nancy said...

Your dad WAS a very young and brave man when he was in Vietnam! He was only 21 years old. It seems like a whole other world ago. I guess it was, but I will always remember how proud I was of him and how handsome he was in his uniform, especially his dress blues. Thank you, Joey, for what you did for our country and all of us. I still love the Marine Corps and get the chills when I hear their hymn played. "From the halls of Montezuma ......"

Nancy said...

This is a very beautiful picture of Pam that I didn't see earlier. Thank you, too, Pam for your service as an officer in the U.S. Navy. I also get chills when I hear "Anchors Aweigh".

Brenda Ledbetter said...

I didn't see this picture earlier of Pam. As a Navy Vet myself, I commend you highly for making it a career. Thanks for what you did for our country as a Nurse and Commander in the Armed Forces of America and congratulations on the retirement you received. I still get chills of proudness when I hear the service songs and music or see someone proudly wearing the Uniform that represents America.

God Bless You All,

Brenda Ledbetter
Memphis, Tennessee

pludra1945@msn.com said...

Thanks Pam and Joey for serving our country. Pam's picture is very inspiring and that is very good to see the one of Joey's squadron..I never saw that before. We were so proud of Joey when he was in the service and serving in Vietnam. We were also glad and relieved when he arrived back in Memphis.

Thanks,

Linda and Rolf

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...