Thursday, November 18, 2010

A "Hug" House

On Monday, one of our neighbors and fellow parishioners at our church stopped by with a basket full of beautiful lillys that the church had sent me as a Get Well Soon! wish. I was so touched by their thoughtfulness and the loveliness of the flowers. I invited Beverly in and as we began to talk I offered her a tour of the Avery House since it is now near completion.
As we traveled from room to room, Beverly was so gracious in her words about our home complementing it's decor and asking if I were an interior designer. I blushed and humbly thanked her for the compliment knowing that I simply just decorate and arrange furniture to how it makes me feel in a room.
I will tinker with a room until I think it feels like home to me and to our family. But perhaps the best thing that Beverly said to me on her visit to our home was that our home felt warm and inviting to her as well. In her words she said our home "felt like it was giving you a big hug when you walked in the door."
As our house does finally near construction completion, I am thankful for the gift of it and I am thankful that it does feel like it is a "Hug" House. It is our home and we love living here, laughing here, loving here, and having fun here, and we are glad that others feel the same way!
This blog is a way of inviting our family and friends into our house even when we live far a way. We always hope you will visit often and even leave a comment or two when you feel like it. I have enjoyed sharing bits and pieces of our life with you and also sharing in your worlds as well. We hope when you leave "The Avery House" you always feel like you have been given a big hug!

5 comments:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Yes indeed your home feels like one has been given a great big hug. I love being there and also love being around our sweet family in Knoxville and sharing moments with your wonderful friends that come by at times when we are there also. It is a wonderful and warm place to visit. It is an awesome experience for me and I wouldn't trade it for all the other vacations I have had or could have had other places.
Thanks for sharing with us your lovely and beautiful homemaking, home, family and friends.
Love always,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

Nancy said...

Amy - the shutters look great on the house. I know you are glad that everything is almost completed. All of the people that worked on your house did a wonderful job, and I know they seem like part of your family now. Everything looks wonderful, inside and out, and, yes, the lady from your church was right. Your home does feel like it's giving you a big hug. Can't wait to visit you all again. Love you ... Mom

Elizabeth Ann said...

I think it looks great. It does give a very warm feeling. I hope to some day have a place that is very warm also. At the present time I love what my room mate is doing to ours. She is making it very cozy and inviting. Hopefully one day I can come out there and see it for myself. If your in Edison, please feel free to stop in.

Brenda Ledbetter said...

I like the name you have given your home..., A "Hug House", I think that is awesome and should stick forever.

A friend of mine remodeled a mansion, her husband bought it on an auction, the Galloway Mansion... she calls it the "Happy Home". She said in their remodeling it took on a look now as if it is smilling at you when you drive up..., she said it looked sad when they 1st bought it. It is awesome when one can make a home come alive with personal touches like the two of you have with your homes.

I will always think of your home now as A "Hug House" that is unique.

I love the shutters and trim you have put on the outside. It is really looking storybook.

Love,
Aunt Brenda

rhonda said...

I think it looks great. It looks so different then the pictures of when you moved in. I can't wait until i'm there in a few weeks to see it in person.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...