Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sophie-a Ballerina

One of Sophie's favorite toys and books is Angelina Ballerina. She twirls with her and does all things that every ballerina should know how to do, but unfortunately to Sophie, she is not a real ballerina. This week, however, one of Sophie's dreams came true. She became a real ballerina. For two years, Sophie has sat on the sidelines watching her big sister twirl and plie in a cloud of pink across a magical place called the dance floor. Sophie has begged and pleaded to be able to join in on Emma-Caroline's ballet classes and even tried to sneak into one or two in hopes that no one would notice. But alas, being a ballerina for Sophie only existed in her dreams and her own bedroom ballet studio with her Angelina Ballerina doll. So on Monday, our little dancer's dreams came true as she donned a pink leotard, tights and ballet slippers, and gleefully twinkle toed into her own ballet studio where she became Sophie-a, Ballerina. Now we have two little ballerinas in the Avery House. Dreams really do come true!
First Class with Miss Rachel. Getting started.
Warming up those ballerina legs!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

My sweet little Sophie Rose - how beautiful you look as "Sophie-a Ballerina". Enjoy your lessons and practice really hard. I know with your determination, you will become a "little star", and perhaps one day a "big star". But, whatever you do, don't forget to enjoy it! When I first saw the picture of you reaching for your toes, I felt like I was looking at myself in the mirror, when I was 3 years old. I think you really do look like me when I was little. Of course, you are a lot prettier!

I love you very, very much ... Nana

Sarah Harper said...

SO ADORABLE!!

(I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait ...... :)

Pam said...

Hi precious Sophie,
I agree totally with Nana...you are so beautiful! Maybe we can have a recital the next time we come to visit! We love you very much! Love, G-Daddy and Mimi

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Sophie is such a natural. She is so beautiful and it is like looking at Nancy again as a youngster. I know Sophis will do well as a ballerina, she was showing me some ballerina things last time I saw her and she was not even in the lessons yet. I guess it just come naturally with her. Yeah Sophie Rose, you are a little star that is going to be big and bright someday or perhaps a sweet little blossom that will bloom so pretty as you grow... I just know it, just your beautiful name "Sophie Rose" says a lot.
Love you very much,
Aunt Brenda
Memphis, TN

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Sophie thanks all of you for the nice compliments. She hope s to wow you with her star like performances on the the dance floor soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...