Monday, August 16, 2010

Silly Bands!

As I am writing this, we are prepping for our first play date at Emma-Caroline's new school before the actual year begins on Wednesday. As the hours of vacation tick down, I thought I'd leave you all with an image of one of our favorite pass times this past summer.
Yes, trading Silly Bands is the new "IN" thing to do, and it not only occupies children's attention for long stretches of time, but it is also a favorite amongst both boys and girls and children of all ages. I have a feeling, we will be receiving a letter concerning Silly Bands in the the very near future from Emma-Caroline's school stating that Silly Bands are not allowed in school during school hours. Every generation has something like the Silly Band that becomes a cult phenomenon. Trading Silly Bands brings back great childhood memories when I use to trade friendship pins, and I'm glad my girls have their own generational trading item. One day, as they watch their own children trading the new "In" thing, they will have their own fond memories of trading Silly Bands with their friends.

1 comment:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

That is so cute. I never thought of it as generational..., but it is. I remember Bryce trading poke-mon disks; Al trading mini hot wheels; and I think I remember... Me, Linda and Nancy trading with our friends..., bottle tops, like coke, 7 up, pepsi, root-beer, when they were the metal tops you had to pop off with a bottle opener. That is so neat how children adopt a trend in their days of being youngsters.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...