Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm Officially a Soccer Mom!

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that I would be a soccer mom. Nope, not me. I'm not that kind of mom. But the reality is, oh yes I am. Emma-Caroline started soccer today and LOVED it! I was so proud of my little girl jumping out on the field and really doing well in practice.
She handled the ball like a little pro. Not to sound all surprised, but I kinda was! I can say, with all honesty, that athleticism is really not my thing.
I can hold my own for some things, but I lack coordination when it comes to most sports involving a ball. So when Emma-Caroline got out there and just went to town with that little pink soccer ball, I was pleasantly surprised.
She has to definitely take after Howie in the area of athleticism. More than anything though, she had a great time! Here is a look at her first soccer practice.
Getting ready to score a goal!
Learning how to throw the ball in.
Look at that determination!

Future Mia Hamm!

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Soccer is so fun! We had to skip it this year due to our family situation, but Evan loved it last year!

Nancy said...

Oh, wow, Emma-Caroline, you look like you really know what you're doing out there on that soccer field! I'm so proud of you. Keep it up girl! And, Amy, I was just as proud of you when you were doing your sport things. The main thing anyway is to have fun and learn to be a good sport.

Love y'all ... Nana (Mom)

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Thanks Mom! I guess I did play some sports that I did well at. I think Emma-Caroline though will just be more of a natural than I ever was.

Emily McNabb Lorenz said...

Amy~ It is so exciting to watch them o something they love. By the way the hairbow cracks me up!!!

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Emma-Caroline will alwas be able to be spotted with her bow. It is her signature thing to wear! The only time she doesn't wear it is wen she is having her hair washed. LOL!

leemeandthegirls said...

I posted a blog about this very thing just yesterday! :)

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Wow, Emma-Caroline is indeed really handling this like I would not have believed, she looks so good at it already. You know that was Bryce's best sport. He could have gotten a scholarship in the sport of soccer, it was offered to him at Union University in Jackson, TN. He declined it though. I loved watching him play this sport when he was in his youth. Well Soccer Mom... your the best there is. Take care and enjoy it, it is fun to be with the team and the families.
Love Always,
Aunt Brenda
P. S. I remember your sport seemed to be in track... you were really good at that as I remember.

Elizabeth Ann said...

Funny enough i hope to be a soccer mom one day. The whole mini-va full of kids and everything. Emma-Caroline does look good out there. I hope she keeps it up. I am def not an athletic person either. I try my best but im the type to run from the ball and such.

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Yes, Aunt Brenda, Cross-Country, Track and Ice Skating were my sports.

Elizabeth, I think you would be a great soccer mom one day! Your new profile pic is beautiful!

Elizabeth Ann said...

Thanks Amy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...