Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Knew This Day Would Come!

Yesterday in the mail, we received a letter. I knew exactly what it was when I saw the envelope peeking out of a group of bills. I couldn't wait to open it and tore open the envelope as I walked back up to the door of our house. Tossing the envelope to the floor, I hurriedly scanned the greeting and panned down to the information I so longed to know, Emma-Caroline's first day of school.
For those of you with children attending Knox County Schools, you know that the regular school start date does not apply to kindergartners because they are staggered the first two weeks. So we found out in the long awaited letter that Emma-Caroline will start school on August 18th. As much as I wanted to know this date, I didn't want to know this date. I knew this day would come, the day my first born child would start kindergarten. And with all milestones that your child goes through, it is always bitter-sweet. I am so excited for her and all the things she is going to learn this year as well as the many friends she is going to meet and the wonderful events she is going to experience. But it also makes me sentimental for the little baby girl she no longer is. Ultimately, I am very OK with it all. I know Emma-Caroline will always be my "baby" and I look forward to experiencing with her the many grand adventures kindergarten will bring.

5 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Can't believe your baby is going to be in Kindergarten! Oh how time flies!

Elizabeth Ann said...

Well wishes to Emma Caroline in her future endevours into kindergarten.

Nancy said...

I remember feeling the same way when you started kindergarten, Amy. You still have some very special years ahead, though, for her to be your sweet little school girl. Enjoy every minute of it! It will be just as wonderful, but in a different way. I love you all! Mom

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Thanks Everyone! Emma-Caroline is excited about her first day of school! We are too! Sniff!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

I am so excited for Emma-Caroline. I just can't believe the time has come for her to go to school. I know she is very excited, and she will do very well too, that time will fly though..., enjoy all these precious years ahead.

Love Aunt Brenda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...