Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Zoo Is Closed . . ."

"The Zoo is closed because the giraffe ran away. " This is what Emma-Caroline informed us yesterday when we asked her if she wanted to go to the zoo. She has become quite the vivid story teller these days and entertains us as well as herself with all sorts of imaginary worlds and tales. It reminds me of when I was a little girl when I would play for hours with my friends or by myself with toys in an imaginary world that was very vivid and very real at the time. I think we all had great imaginations as children and it is probably why we resonate so well with our children when they say something like, "The zoo is closed because the giraffe ran away." It opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

1 comment:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

This is a cute story. I am glad Emma-Caroline has such a vivid imagination. I always thought it was nice to have a vivid story in mind, and also later to see how other children can come up with so many things to keep themselves entertained... what fun... when dreams are so real....I think that is being young at heart too. Always try to keep that....
Love,
Aunt Brenda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...