Saturday, June 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Nana!

(My mom as a little girl.)

Today is my mom's birthday. I always remember too that June 6th is the anniversary of the D-Day invasion of Normandy Beach in France and the turning point of WWII. I remember this because my mom always made a point of remembering it too and thanking all the service men and women for their great sacrifice for our nation on that day. My mom got to travel to Normandy a few years back and visited the cemetery where the servicemen who lost their lives on that day were buried. She said it was one of the most remarkable things she has ever seen and treasures that trip.

My mom is a wonderful person, mother and grandmother to our girls. She is very creative and is a very talented artist and writer. She is a very strong person and has an amazing ability to bounce back into life even after the most tragic. My mom is a very caring person who sees good in all people and who listens to all people. I love her very much and I am so thankful to have her as my mother. Happy birthday Mom! We love you very much and hope you have a wonderful birthday!

2 comments:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

What a wonderful tribute to our sister Nancy, your mom. Yes, she is very talented, kind and sharing to everyone. She will always go the extra mile to fix something or help someone in need. She loves her family dearly and is such a great grandmother to her two precious granddaughters.

We, Nancy,Linda and I, were together yesterday celebrating the Wooten Family Reunion in Senatobia, Mississippi. We had a great time, the fellowship and food was awesome as always.

Love,
Aunt Brenda
Memphis, Tennessee

Pam said...

Happy Birthday Nancy! We were thinking of you and hoping you had a great day. We are thankful that the girls had such a wonderful grandmother. They love you very much! Thank you for all you do for them and Amy.

Pam and Joey

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...