Friday, June 19, 2009

"Wrinkles Only Go Where the Smiles Have Been"


Those of you who are Buffet fans (Jimmy that is) know that the title of this post is one of his quotes. It's also the footnote at the end of each of the e-mails I receive from my Dad. This morning, as I looked in the mirror, I grimaced at the wrinkles around my eyes that now seem to be more prominent as I smile. And then the quote "Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been" popped into my head, and I smiled a real smile thinking at the same time of my Dad and how true that quote is. As Father's Day draws near, I can not express how grateful I am to have such an amazing father as my Dad. For as long as I can remember, my Dad has been my hero, my comfort, my friend, my role model. I love him so much and feel certain that we are kindred spirits. My Dad inspires me in so many ways; to do my best, to be a better person, to never give up, to always lend a helping hand, to be a friend to all, to live life to the fullest, to give it my all, to never say " I can't," to overcome all odds, to be an awesome parent, and so much more. Honestly, I really can not do justice to how great my Dad really is. All I can say is "thank you" for the amazing father you are Dad. I'm so blessed to have you in my life and to be your daughter. I will always be grateful for the wrinkles where the smiles in thinking of you have gone. You are an incredible person and I love you with all my heart! Happy Father's Day!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Amy, Dad and I are on the boat. He is hard at work doing something with wires...not sure what. I am bored so I checked email and as always, I checked your blog. What a wonderful surprise and tribute to your Dad. Needless to say...it brought smiles and tears to our eyes. Mickey just didn't know what to think! The picture you chose is one of his favorites. Thank you for making us smile and cry at the same time. We love you and can't wait to see you all.
Love, Mimi

Unknown said...

I couldn't have said it better myself Amy. I cried reading this =') I love you and I want you to know that Dad loves you SO much, he takes such pride when talking about you to his friends and co-workers =) I love our daddy!! <3

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Amy, what a nice tribute to your dad. Joey is indeed so proud of you and you have gained some very good qualities from him too.

Dad are so special!!! I loved my dad so much and miss him so much. He was an awesome and kind individual and he loved his girls so much as well as his whole family and grandchildren. I thought of Daddy all day yesterday and have so many fond memories and blessings that were received from daddy or grandpaw to our children. I just wish Bryce could have know him but Bryce was born later in life.

I think your dad has an awesome smile and always has. It is so genuine and nice, and if it caused any wrinkles, well they are indeed what makes him so handsome now and through the ages past. Happy Father's Day Joey. The best to you always.

Amy's Aunt Brenda in Memphis, Tennessee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...