Monday, January 9, 2012

Wishing for Snow!

I was listening to NPR today, (yes, I am not afraid to admit that I listen to NPR) and they had a segment on "All Things Considered" about a town in Alaska getting 18 FEET of snow and expecting 3 FEET MORE through the night! That is CRAZY snow accumulation!!! Here in East Tennessee, we would settle for 18 inches of snow and then 3 inches more to give us a nice snow day of playing outside and building a snowman or two.
  Instead of snow, we have had LOTS of really mild weather days in the 60's and a few rain showers here and there.
 On the plus side, Emma-Caroline and Sophie find it almost as much fun playing outside in the rain as they do the snow.
 Every day that it has rained this month, they have run to put on their rain boots and to grab their umbrellas for some fun splashing in the rain.
I love their excitement for the rain and just hope that it will be cold enough soon for some of that rain to turn into snow!

2 comments:

nancy said...

I think everybody must be wishing for snow, except those poor folks in Alaska! That is hard to imagine! It looks like the girls are loving the rain, though, and most likely before the winter is over, they'll have some snow! I love the pictures!

Elizabeth Ann said...

Apparently it was really dangerous there. My friend told me. Now that is crazy. It just snowed here a bit. Im already tired of the snow and i wasn't even in it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...