Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hakuna Matata!

Perhaps the phrase "hakuna matata" from The Lion King should sum up our attitude for the new year. It would be nice to have "no worries for the rest of your days!" In reality, hakuna matata is not a bad philosophy to live by if you are prone to being a worry wart. I am mentioning this lovely little jewel of a phrase because it is fresh in my mind after having watched The Lion King with Howie and the girls on New Year's Eve.
 As I told you earlier, poor Emma-Caroline was sick on New Year's Eve, so a quiet family celebration at home on the couch in front of the fire was just what the doctor ordered.  I had forgotten how much I love The Lion King. When the movie first came out, I even had my first Tennessee "email" UNIX account handle name as nala@utk.edu (not real account). When Howie and I lived in Austin, Texas we had the honor of picking up James Earl Jones at the airport and riding in a limo back to the University of Texas where he was appearing for one of Howie's events when he worked at UT Austin. James Earl signed a poster for me with the phrase "Hakuna Matata!" since I told him how much I loved him as Mufasa in The Lion King.
Ohhhh, memories! But I digress. We had a nice quiet New Year's celebration and I found my New Year's resolution to boot! Hakuna Matata!

2 comments:

nancy said...

Although, it is sad that Emma-Caroline had to be sick on New Year's Eve, and you and Howie had to miss your party, it still was a wonderful night for you all. That is a very sweet picture of Howie and the girls, and I love your recollections of "The Lion King". I love your New Year's resolution!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Sweet picture!!! "The Lion King" sound track is my favorite of all sound tracks. I also loved the video and know your girls and you and Howie enjoyed it too. Happy New Year, I am sorry that Emma- Caroline was sick, but know you all enjoyed being together on New Years Eve. I spent New Years Eve in Pontotic, Mississippi visiting some distant relatives, but did travel home in the dark before the Eve ended and enjoyed being home watching the New Year come in on TV from New York and Memphis.
Love you all,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...