Friday, January 13, 2012

Winter-Project 52/2

Last evening, into early this morning a wicked storm blew in with howling winds and a bit of snow. I'll admit, I was a bit unnerved by the wind gusts swirling outside my windows as I lay snuggled under my covers. This morning, we awoke to a bit of ice and snow enough to delay school by one hour. Our neck of the woods did not see anymore snow accumulation, but our world does look quite wintry. The large silver maples which were the tree of choice in our mid-century neighborhood all have a gnarly "Old Man Winter" look to them. I snapped a few frames of our front yard Silver Maple and played it up in editing. I think the below shot just shouts "Winter!" Hope everyone is staying toasty warm inside their homes! Happy Winter y'all!

2 comments:

patty said...

hello, amy!!!
beautiful job with this and i love the hydrangea from week 1, too! i hope you and your family have been well! it's been a long winter and fall, hasn't it?? maybe we could do lunch sometime? i lost my cell phone contacts just before xmas, so email me your # or text me.. my # is the same.
wishing you a new year filled with blessings!

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Awesome photo...and if you're talking about the same storm, I think it hit pretty badly here in AL, too, with tornadoes in Birmingham. We just had a ton of rain/wind.

I'm looking forward to catching back up on your blog! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Love/hugs/blessings,
Lana

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...