Sunday, January 22, 2012

Jump Rope For Heart Event

Last week we announced that Emma-Caroline was participating in her school's Jump Rope for Heart Event. Emma-Caroline set a goal, created a page on the Jump Rope for Heart web site, wrote thank you notes to all who contributed and (thanks to you all) surpassed her goal! On Thursday, Sophie and I headed over to Bearden Elementary on one of the coldest days thus far of 2012. We followed the first grade and other classes out to the gym all ready to jump for a worthy cause. I soon realized as the music began to rock the house that I had left home without my camera's SD card!  Thanks to Ms. Ellison, I soon had her SD card and was back over at the gym to snap photos like mad. Poor Ms. Ellison, I apologize that you had to go through the 10,000 photos I took of the Jump Rope for Heart. Unfortunately, or maybe not, that is how I roll when taking photos. Thank you though very much for putting those photos up on your school website! I snagged a few of the photos that I took on Ms. Ellison's SD card to place here on "The Avery House" blog. We all had a wonderful time, participants and spectators alike, raising money for The American Heart Association!
Emma-Caroline and Nikol getting ready to jump. Emma-Caroline had chosen her "Peace, Love, Bearden shirt to wear for the Jump Rope for Heart event because she thought it showed everything she was about on that day. I agree completely!
 Emma-Caroline and Andie gearing up to jump!
 The first grade girls competing for who could jump the longest.
Ms. Ellison's first grade class cheering from the sidelines!

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

I love the last pic. Everyone is missing a tooth :) Just caught up on your blog. Lovin' your pics!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...