Friday, February 11, 2011

The People We Meet on the Journey of Life

Think back over the years of all the people who you have met in your life, people who are are a part of your life now, people who were a part of your life then, people who will be part of your life in the future. Those people, whether they are friend or foe, short term acquaintances or forever friends, whoever they may be, they have made some sort of impact on your life; whether huge or small, they have made a difference in your life. We are all on this interconnected roadway of life, each of us traveling in our own direction and at our own speed. Sometimes we travel on a parallel path as someone else, sometimes we travel on an intersecting path as another, and sometimes we travel on a completely different path as someone else. But we are all here, traveling on these roads that make up the journey of life. The blog world also opens up possibilities to meet others who may be traveling a similar or maybe even different road road as you. These travelers may be ahead of you on the roadway and are able to share valuable life experience with you of what lies ahead. Other travelers may be seen in your rear view mirror and offer an opportunity to remember as well as a fresh perspective on the road already traveled. Still others may be traveling on a different road and offer you a chance to see things that may have never occurred to you.  And you are there too, listening, remembering, and offering your own perspective on the journey of life.
 Recently, I had the opportunity to meet some fellow East Tennessee bloggers at a luncheon including Patty and Edie. I also met Polly and Kim and Edey. It was an amazing experience to get to meet these ladies that I had come to know on their blog sites and whose real life voices gave depth and dimension to the person I had found camaraderie with. Each of these beautiful ladies are so gracious and kind and loving not only on their blog but also in real life. And each of these ladies are traveling on their own roads in the journey of life, but have stopped for a moment to share their experiences and to receive insight from others experiences. I left from that bloggers meeting feeling uplifted and blessed that I had been able to meet and call them each, friend. It's amazing this journey that we are all on. It's awesome how we connect with those around us and how our journey is made that much more meaningful and rich through just those connections we make with others. Sometimes, we don't want to know others and we would prefer to just travel our own road left alone. But it is when we do stop and look and take in the perspective of others on this same journey, that we get to experience the richness that this life has to offer. I am so blessed to know each of the people I have met in my journey, and whether I have known you my entire life or for just a short while, you have made a difference to me in some way in my life in a meaningful and profound way.

4 comments:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Very nice Amy!!! When you get to be as old as I am it is also an awesome and sort of sad sometimes as rememberance of the ones I knew and don't know anymore because of sickness, death or miles between us have taken place,,,, it is like traveling a long highway back, and that feels scary because of all the time gone past, althought good too. Sometimes it makes me sad because I wish I could re-live or run the times back and do it all over again, although I cherish each step of the way and relish each opportunity I have had during the journey..., that is what keeps me going, and going and going each step of the journey of life with friends and family.

Thanks for your beautiful posts,

Love,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Awwww.....I am SO GLAD that I have gotten to meet you on this blog journey! You are a blessing! I'm so glad you got to go to the luncheon! I only live a few hours away, but, alas, we're leaving for Italy! But, I'll be back in the fall (less than a year!~) and I'll meet you then.
I'm planning on going to Blissdom next year, too! We should be roomies!
;)
Hugs/blessings,
Lana

{edie} said...

What a pleasure to meet you Ms. Amy. You have been such a constant blessing and encouragement to me. I'm so thankful for you and you are more warm and beautiful in person than I could have imagined.
What a treat! Thank you so much for all the wonderful goodies. My girls slept on their pillowcases last night and loved them! And we're journaling our gratitudes in the beautiful heart journal. You're the best.
Much love,
edie

patty said...

hello amy!
we're just getting settled in from our boston trip-which was fast and crazy-and i hopped over to say hello and found this! sweet post! it was such a pleasure to meet you IRL and i look forward to seeing you again soon. thanks for making the trip up!
xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...