Monday, December 5, 2011

A Visit with Santa Claus!

This year, the Avery House went to visit Santa Claus very early. This is perhaps because of the fact that we attempted to see Santa last year three times before actually getting to see him on almost the very last day that we could.
I vowed that we would NEVER again stand in line for almost three hours again to see Santa! So we went to see our jolly friend in the red suit as soon as he arrived from the North Pole.  Each year that we have been to see Santa, he has always been the same which is VERY nice for consistency sake.
I love this shot above with Emma-Caroline gently stroking the fur on Santa's suit. I had feared we were going to have another "mishap" with our visit to see Santa, when one of his helpers told the line that the computer was down and that we would not get photos. When I asked if I could take photos with my own camera she said , "No!" Really! Your computer doesn't work and I can't snap photos of my children with Santa? Luckily the computer magically started working again, and I was able to take photos legally with my own camera after a nice purchase of their photo too.
This year, Emma-Caroline and Sophie spent a considerable amount of time telling Santa everything they wanted him to bring them. It is the first year both have been very serious about their wish lists.
We also got to meet Papa Elf this year who entertained us with wonderful magic tricks while we waited for Santa. It was a very nice visit with our dear friend, Mr. Claus.

1 comment:

nancy said...

I think I like your photos of Santa and the girls best. They are so candid, and Santa really is taking in what they are saying. I like the way you can see his outstretched arms with his white gloved hands on the arms of the chair. The girls are so cute the way they are telling him exactly what they want. You really captured the moment! You are showing that it's really more than a photo. It's a story! Maybe you should be the photographer next year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...