Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sophie's Christmas Pageant Part II, and a Confession

                  Last week I gave you a little preview of Sophie's debut as a Shepherd girl in her preschool Christmas Pageant. One week after the show, I am finally getting the actual photos posted.I will announce here and now that I am not going to beat myself over the head to try and get a post up for the days I missed in November as well as the few here and there that I am missing this month. My 365 project has far exceeded the 1 photo post per day (which in reality would only equal 365 photos). Those of you who know me and follow this blog know that I have posted 365 photos multiplied by 100 or maybe 1000. My goal of learning my camera has been achieved. Now my goal is to finish 365 without begrudging my camera. So there's my confession. I feel that my 365 project is complete as I wrap up this year. And I am happy with what I have learned including the knowledge that pushing myself to finish to the point of bergrudery is not worth it.
                 Now back to Miss Sophie Rose, my little Shepherd Girl. When Sophie was first told she was to be a Shepherd in the Pageant, she was not a happy little girl. "Why can't I be an angel, like Emily?" she wailed to me. After explaining to her that being a shepherd was a very important role and that she could wear a pink robe and headdress, Sophie was more enthusiastic about her part. We came to the Sacred Heart Preschool program with quite a bit of emotion. This was the last performance our family would be a part of. I had once worked at the Preschool in college while I was getting my Master's in Elementary Ed so I have known Miss Candi, the Director, and almost every single teacher there for many, many years. Having my youngest child about to graduate from the program is bitter sweet. We are happy that Sophie is going on to kindergarten next year, but we will miss Sacred Heart Preschool. In watching Sophie perform one last Christmas program, I was proud and nostalgic at the same time. She did an amazing job as a Shepherd girl and we all enjoyed our last show.
 Sophie's entire class before the pageant began with one of her teacher's Miss Norma.
 Looking for the star.
 Singing.
 Getting ready to say her line, "Wow, it's beautiful!"
 Look at Sophie and her friend Luci here. Tey had both just recited their parts in the pageant. They are so pleased with themselves. And look at the little boy on the far right. Hilarious!
 Singing loudly to end the show.
Proud big sister!
And hopefully this video will upload. All of the children were all super cute!

3 comments:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

So sweet, the performance!!! I know the feeling of when your children are going from one stage of schooling to the next it is indeed a bittersweet experience. You have done so well with your children and I know the memories of their young years will last a lifetime.
Love,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

Sarah Harper said...

This is so adorable, Amy! Sophie sure has grown up! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas day!

Elizabeth Ann said...

Very sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...