Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Home for the Holidays!

I am very thankful that we are able to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in our home each year. It would be awesome too to be with family in other places, but I feel that it is really wonderful to be able to be in your own house on Christmas, especially with small children. This is our second year in the new Avery House. Last year, for simplicity sake, I decorated the outside with simple swags of green on the windows and a wreath on the chimney and door. This year I added wreaths to all of the windows as well as the chimney, and door. The girls also requested lights, so I added two lit reindeer and Christmas ornaments to our front yard Japanese Maple. It is still pretty simple decor in the grand scheme of Christmas decor, but it is classic and cheery. These photos below hardly capture what our house looks like this year, but I wanted to include them anyway. Night photography without a tripod, is tricky. Maybe that's what I will ask for for next Christmas, a tripod!
 Actual night time darkness in photo below.
 Slow shutter speed photos in these two.

3 comments:

paige said...

amy, your home looks like something right out of a movie!!
i love your decorating style
xoxo

nancy said...

Love your outdoor shots!

Elizabeth Ann said...

Looks lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...