Monday, May 3, 2010

Our Prima Ballerina

Emma-Caroline had her debut recital as a ballerina yesterday at the studio where she takes ballet classes.
After driving home from Pigeon Forge, we quickly placed her hair in a "ballerina bun" complete with a gazillion bobby pins and a gallon of hair gel in order that no "wispies" escape from her scalp. This task was not daunting to me in the least and I'll admit, I quite enjoyed helping to transfer my little girl into a beautiful ballerina. I helped her get her shell pink tights on and then her sky blue ballerina costume which included the piece de resistance, a real board stiff tutu. Yes, I'll admit, I am a proud mother of a little girly girl. Dressing Emma-Caroline for her recital was HEAVEN for me. Watching her perform with all of her classmates was AMAZING. She was fabulous, not only because she is my daughter and all mothers think their daughters are fabulous, but also because she, as well as the others, performed as if they were born doing a pirouette in infancy. It was a beautiful performance and one I will always cherish in my keepsake chest of memories.
Preparing to wow the audience! Lucy is in front.
All of the beautiful ballerinas!
Demi-pointe
Floating like a beautiful butterfly!
One of her many ballet moves.
Performing as the "Blue Skies" with her friends Mary Caroline and Lucy
Look at that poise and concentration!
Receiving flowers after a beautiful performance!
Emma-Caroline with her ballet teacher Miss Michael-Lynn and Lydia

2 comments:

Sarah Harper said...

Awww! So beautiful! I am bringing Cate to you before her first ballet recital. That task would be daunting to me :)

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Emma-Caroline and the others look so beautiful in their ballerina clothes, how beautiful can it get.... They are so special all of them..

Wish I could have been there to see them dance.

Love,
Aunt Brenda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...