Monday, May 10, 2010

Emma-Caroline's 5 Year Check-Up

This past week I took Emma-Caroline to her 5 Year Check-Up at Dr. Shults' office. She has never minded going to the doctor before, but I had a feeling after this visit, she would not want to go back. Unfortunately, my hunch proved correct. Despite some tears, the visit went well and Emma-Caroline escaped with only minor "injuries" from the shots and finger prick. Now she is good to go for kindergarten!

We started our visit here. All smiles and eager to see Dr. Shults!
Then we proceeded to the next step, the urine sample. EC was stage shy so we ended up having to bring this back later in the day. LOL! (PS, this is the empty cup!)
Next came the blood pressure. More intriguing than scary to EC. She was all smiles.
then the finger pulse. Still all smiles!
The hearing test was a hit! I was starting to rethink my initial fear that she would be scared of the doctor.
Height checked in at 46 inches which puts her in the 96th percentile for height.
Weight: She weighed in at 43 lbs,
putting her in the 40th percentile for weight.
Still all smiles for Dr, Shults while drawing her
self portrait.
Yes, this is going rather well. She's not scared at all!
Then this happened!
And it was all over from there. The finger prick, followed by shots did not set well in my little five year old's head. And from that point it was. "I NEVER want to go to the doctor AGAIN! EVER!

But a visit to the treasure chest and a promise of ice cream helped stop the tears and we survived. Whew! I'm glad that one is under our belts, and there will be no more visits to the doctor. At least not for a little while!

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I still can't believe she is 5! Such a beautiful girl! Glad she survived the check up :) Sounds like she is going to be very tall!

Amanda said...

I am really dreading this appointment as well. I don't know how I'm going to hold him down for all the shots... he's strong! I love her self-portrait with the bow:)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...