Thursday, March 15, 2012

Turning One Year Older Now and Then

 I celebrated my birthday on Tuesday, March 13th. My actual birthday was a beautiful sunny day in Knoxville. The daffodils were in full bloom and all of the birds were singing their most favorite songs. It was a great day and this week has continued to be one beautiful day after another. I was completely blown away by the amount of birthday wishes I received on Facebook, It sure does make you feel loved to see so many happy thoughts just for you on your special day. My mom surprised me with a photo of me on my 8th birthday.
 As I looked back and remembered my special day at 8years of age, I remembered how awesome it was to have all of my cousins and friends over to eat cake and ice cream, wear a party hat and open birthday presents. Parties were simpler back when I was 8 and it was AWESOME! I am thankful for each one of the 30 birthdays since I turned 8 that I have celebrated and for all the friends and family who still come out to say, "Happy Birthday!" I am one blessed and lucky girl!

3 comments:

nancy said...

You are as beautiful now as you were then! I remember how happy you were to get your new bike, as you can tell by the big smile on your face...and... you still have that same beautiful smile!

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Happy Birthday to you friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a joy and blessing it's been getting to know you this past year and a half (or thereabouts) in blogland!@!!!!! You are amazing!!!! (and would you believe that my birthday was on the 10th???)


Love/hugs/blessings,
Lana

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Awesome to see the happiness and smiles on the special birthdays you have had. You still look as beautiful as you were the day you entered the world. I remember it vividly the golden long hair and pretty fresh eyes and a smile as big as ever even back then. You have always been an awesome niece and always will be. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.
Love, Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...