Friday, March 2, 2012

The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot about That!

Seven years ago, before Emma-Caroline made her grand entrance into the world, I sat and read several Dr. Seuss books to Emma-Caroline while she was still in utero. I secretly hoped that she might actually decide to come on March 2nd which is Dr. Seuss' birthday. She waited though, but only one more day, to make her grand entrance.  
  I guess she decided that both she and Dr. Seuss deserved to have their own day of celebration in our house. Today, Emma-Caroline and Dr. Seuss will be celebrated together in Emma-Caroline's first grade classroom.
 We took in a healthy. Knox County friendly treat for her friends to share, Goldfish crackers.
 On the outside, we placed a Cat in the Hat hat that reads. "One fish, two fish, red fish . . . Goldfish?" to Paley of of Dr. Sueuss' book One Fish. Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.You just gotta love Dr. Seuss!
 Today begins our celebration of Emma-Caroline almost being seven. Wow! I can't believe my sweet girl is turning seven!
We are super excited around The Avery House to get this party started!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Ann said...

I wanted her to wait one more day (or an hr or so) because I thought 03-04-05 sounded really nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...