Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Good Laugh!


Sometimes in life all you need is a good laugh to make things better, to make you stop and think, "This is all going to be OK, this is what life is all about, rolling with the punches, learning something from it and ultimately having a good time." Now I'm not trying to go all SNL "Deep Thoughts" or negate the real God given purpose for our lives, but if truth be told, I'd say, God would agree that a good laugh every once in a while does the soul a great deal of good.

The reason I am writing about this particular thing tonight is because a very good friend of mine just started up her own blog called "Acts of Davis." My friend is a true Southern lady from the DEEP South and speaks with a nice Mississippi drawl. That alone is enough to draw one to her if you happen to love the the whole southern thing as I do. But what I find most appealing about her is her ability to turn situations that could render many people certifiably insane into something humorous and down right fun. If you are so inclined, take a look at her blog at http://www.actsofdavis.blogspot.com/. Many of her entries are about her son Davis, but occasionally she will throw in a curve ball like her latest post on Nascar. I'm still laughing about that one. If you are like me, laughter really can be the best medicine.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...