Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Mimi!

Today is my step mom Pam's birthday. If I recall the story correctly, Pam's mother, Grace, did not know what the sex of her baby was as it was in years before anyone could find out the sex of the baby until the baby was born. Grace already had two boys, Jerry and Jimbo and was hoping for a little girl.
When her third child was born, the doctor told Grace, "It's a boy!" and being such a funny guy then said, "April Fool's!" Luckily the doctor really was playing an April Fool's joke on Grace and she really did have a girl not another boy. Guess those doctor's need to get their laughs in where they can. (Sorry if I got the story wrong!)
Pam has been in my life for as long as I can remember. She IS a mother to me and has always treated me as her own daughter. I'm so proud to not only call her one of my moms, but also to call her one of my best friends. Pam is an amazing woman who has accomplished so much in her years here on earth. She has had an incredible career as a nurse in the Navy retiring as a Commander, and now contracts out with the Air Force near the DC area.
Pam is a wonderful cook, talented decorator, and snappy dresser. You would never find Pam without a bottle of hair spray in her purse nor curling iron. She loves to read, sail, shop, and travel and through her travels, she introduced us all to many beautiful countries in Europe while she was stationed in Rota, Spain. But above all the things that Pam has accomplished, her most wonderful achievement is being an incredible mother and grandmother (Mimi) to all of us.

I love you very much, Pam, and we all hope you have the best birthday yet! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

What a wonderful tribute to your other mom, Mimi. She has accomplished so much and I have always been amazed at her talents and abilities and career through the years. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIMI!!!

You are such a sweet young lady, Amy.
Blessings to you always,
Love,
Aunt Brenda
from... Memphis, Tennessee

Kelly said...

Aww Amy that was soooo perfect!!! I wish I could write like that. You have said everything I want to say to her but I could never really put it into words. I do not know if she has seen this yet but I know she will LOVE it and she's going to cry happy tears. She loves you so much Amy. Thank you for writing this for her!

I love you <3

Love,
Kells

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...