Monday, January 5, 2009

Sophie's 18 Month Check-Up

Sophie had her 18 month check-up this morning. She weighs exactly 19 pounds and is 30 inches long. That means she is still not on the growth chart for weight and that she should not be turned around facing the front in her car seat until she is 20 pounds. She is right below the 25th percentile for height. They did a blood test for anemia and found that she is anemic. This is a hereditary thing as both my mom and I have been anemic all of our lives. This only means that we will have to monitor her iron levels and make sure she is getting more of it in her diet. I just bought a food processor so that I can sneak some green leafy vegetables and other iron rich foods into food Sophie will eat. Unfortunately, she also inherited my aversion for certain types and textures of foods. Maybe I should be sneaking some vegetables into my own foods! All-in-all she is still growing nicely on her own curve, which is a good thing.


1 comment:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Sophie is so cute and healthy looking, her being petite is cute. I do hope she will grow out of the anemic, but as you say that is a hereditary factor. Perhaps the food processor will work by sneaking some green leafy vegetables and other iron rich foods into her food. We all need to do that one!!!

Take care and
Love always,

Aunt Brenda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...