Thursday, January 22, 2009

Living in the Moment


It seems the days are ever busy with things to do. Make the beds, dress the children, cook breakfast, clean up after breakfast, clean the house, do the laundry etc. etc. etc. We all partake in these daily chores and sometimes I feel, as I am sure others do too, that I am on a hamster wheel spinning and spinning but never getting anywhere and never getting off. And then I hear a small little voice say, "Mommy will you play with me?" At first I think to myself, "I don't have time to play, there's so much I still have to do;" but then the voice asks again, "Mommy, will you play with me?" I stop, reluctant at first, but then realizing, the hamster wheel will always be there. For the the rest of my life I will clean, do laundry, and so forth. But I will not have the rest of my life to play with my three year old daughter. So I stop, and I change my attitude, "Yes, sweetie, I will play with you. What do you want to play?" Today it happens to be Dora. I am happy to have this moment to jump off my hamster wheel and live life in the moment. For now, the hamster wheel has stopped spinning.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Awww Amy!! This made me tear up so much!! What a special moment. You are such a wonderful Mother Amy. I admire your strength and vision in life =) I love you so much Amy. There will be more moments like this one that you will treasure!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Nothing can top what Kelly said. You are so special Amy. I am so glad you treasure the moments like you do.

Love always,

Brenda

nicki said...

that is the truth. good going. is that the dora stuff joslyn gave her?

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words. That's so sweet of you! Nicki, those are the Dora toys tha tJoslyn gave her. She has really enjoyed playing with the house and characters. THe house had been outside and needed to be cleaned so we only had the characters out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...