Monday, July 8, 2013

New Blog Name

I mentioned in an earlier post about Sophie's 6th birthday that I was also celebrating our family blog turning 5 years old. It is hard for me to believe that I have been blogging for 5 years! I think many bloggers out there who have kept a consistent blog are also celebrating 5 or a little more or little less years this year. Blogging really began to take off  around the time that I began this blog. There of course had been blogs out there prior to 2005-2007, but the mainstream blogger really hit the road running around the time I started this blog. I have learned so many things about the blog world since then and began and still keep up with at least three other blogs that I started. I have met many wonderful people through the blog world and feel like this place is a really kind and supportive world for everyone. In the year that I began my blog, Blogger assigned the blog URL to me. I had no idea until later that I could have changed the URL and although I still dream of changing it, I keep it the same due to sentimentality as well as the fact that all of my prior posts would be inaccessible until I streamed them over to the new URL. I really have no clue as to how that would work and even though I may could figure it out, I really would prefer just to leave well enough alone. So instead, I have changed the name of our blog to play off of our last name "Avery". I have always wanted the term "cottage" in the header of my blog. So I came up with our new name {A*Very} Cottage Home. The new blog name may not be that clever, but it works. And it actually goes a little better with our URL which is averytnfamily.blogspot.com or "{A*Very Tennessee Family} dot BlogSpot dot com!  So here's to 5 more years of chronicling Avery Family memories in our very cottage home!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...