Saturday, July 13, 2013

Napa Style

It is hard for me to believe that my trip to San Francisco and Napa Valley with Howie was exactly one month ago today. I loved San Francisco and truly enjoyed everything that the city has to offer. I would love to visit again soon and to bring the girls too. When we left San Francisco and drove to Napa Valley, I was unprepared for the amount of beauty that I would behold. It was amazing and I told Howie, "This is God's country!" The views of the surrounding mountains and the rows and rows and rows of grape vineyards, and the wineries, and the temperature of the air and the lack of humidity, it was all heaven! Napa Valley is definitely a place I will travel to again and again if I have the opportunity.
 When we arrived we went to a very small organic winery called Frog's Leap. They grow all of their own grapes and also their own vegetables, fruits, etc. It was a very quaint setting and they are one of the only Napa Valley wineries that uses all rain water and no irrigation for their grapes. Amazing!
 It was so peaceful and serene. I could have stayed at Frog's Leap all day long!
 Howie taking a smell of his first wine to be sampled.
 I enjoyed al of the Frog's Leap wines although the petit serat was my favorite.
 We took our time around the winery and enjoyed the grounds including the views.


 We later went to Far Niente which is a very fancy artisan winery known for producing one in particular dessert wine called Dolce.
 The main winery house was beautiful and had fabulous views!

 Inside the caves of Far Niente that they dug themselves.
 One young Brazilian man who was along with our tour group of 7 at Far Niente could not stop singing Dolce's praises. It was as if he met a famous person when he stood in front of the entrance of he Dolce cave.
 The oldest bottle of Far Niente. I would not think it would taste very good today.
 And a vintage 1998, the year Howie and I were married.



 On our last day in Napa Valley we stopped by the Oakville grocery to get a picnic lunch to take to Kuleto Estates. It was my favorite winery to visit and had the most amazing views 2 miles up a mountain.
 Self portrait.



 The owner of Kuleto Estates is a chef and owns several very high end restaurants. Look at the grounds of this place!

 Howie enjoying the day.
 The vineyard went on and on!


 Stopping to have lunch in an amazing setting!
Howie and I toured four other wineries including Joseph Phelps pictured above. We also ate at many Michelin Star ranked restaurants. Howie being the foodie that he is could not pass up the opportunity to eat really, really well. I could live in Napa Valley and be would happy there. It is an amazing place and a very good quality of life. If you have never had the opportunity to visit Napa Valley or Sonoma Valley, put it on your list. You will not be disappointed!

1 comment:

Art and Sand said...

Next time you have to go to Healdsburg in Sonoma County. The town is so cute, great restaurants and shops and obviously wine.

We are lucky that our daughter lives in San Francisco . Each time we visit her we do a wine tasting day and visit new wineries.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...