Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I Left My Heart in San Francisco!


 The recent tragic events at the San Francisco airport has left me feeling very sad for all of those involved in the crash as well as those families who lost their loved ones that day. Not three weeks prior to the recent crash, Howie and I had touched down on the same runway to visit the city where Tony Bennett croons that he left his heart. San Francisco is a wonderful place to visit and until our recent trip, I had never been. I thought in honor of those who lost their lives in the recent plane crash, I would post some photos of our trip. The families who were touched by loss are in my thoughts and prayers as are those who are still healing from their injuries.
 Howie and I went to San Francisco and Napa Valley to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary.
 We checked into the St. Regis and received a special treat just for us from our butler. It made me laugh that we had a butler and special treatment. This was definitely one of the fanciest hotels I had ever stayed in!
 Our first stop on the cable cars in San Francisco was at the entrance way to China Town.


 A lot of these side street stores reminded me of China Town in New York but with a little more ornamentation and hilly streets!

 This guy pulled up as we were crossing the street so I snapped a quick photo.
 China Town is very colorful and has some very beautiful buildings!



 Local wares for sale in China Town!



 Our next stop was to ride the cable car up Nob Hill to Grace Cathedral.
 It is a beautiful Episcopal church and has an indoor labyrinth to walk.
 We went twice to Grace Cathedral and on the second trip up Nob Hill we had to walk the entire hill as Vice President Biden's motorcade was also making it's way up and the cable cars were shut down for a time.
 The buildings in San Francisco are beautiful!
 We went to dinner with my Uncle Tracy and Cookie who live in San Jose and joined us for the evening. To say that we ate well while in San Francisco and Napa is an understatement. We ate and ate and ate!
 The next day we headed to Lombard street.

 We of course posed for each other with the city as a back drop on Lombard!

 It is as curvy as they say. Our last day in San Francisco, we drove down Lombard very slowly!
 We went down to the Fisherman's Wharf where we took a look at the resident seals before boarding our Bay cruise to see the Golden Gate Bridge!
 The bridge at a distance.
 It was an amazingly beautiful and clear day!



 Howie being all touristy with his head phones on listening to the history of the bridge.


 Howie fearing that he may be put in Alcatraz :-)!



 After the bay cruise we went over to the Ferry building for lunch and to shop around.

 Then Howie took me up 1000 plus stairs straight up a "hill" to see views of the city. I mean he practically killed me with that climb! :-)
 The view!
 On our third day we went down to China Beach.

 The Golden Gate Bridge in the fog.
 We went later to the Japanese Tea Gardens which were beautiful!






And finally after lunch a trip to see the painted ladies. San Francisco is a city of great diversity and great beauty. It is a wonderful place to visit and I look forward to going there again!

3 comments:

Art and Sand said...

My daughter lives in San Francisco and I never tire of the beauty of the city. Each time I visit her she takes me to an new fun spot. She used to live on Lombard Street - 2 different apartments.

Seeing your pictures tells me I need to plan a visit soon.

nancy said...

Very, very beautiful photos!

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Love San Francisco, been there several times. My brother was a chef at Hyatt in Union Square. Thanks for sharing beautiful photos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...