Friday, January 18, 2013

As Pure as Snow!

I was sitting in Panera sipping my Hazelnut coffee and glad that I was finally drying out after being out in torrential down pours, when I received the call, "Knox County is calling for early dismissal due to projected inclement weather." Thankfully I had already made my grocery store run stocking up on the essentials, bread, milk, eggs . . . as well as the non essentials, brownies, cookies, hot chocolate and marshmallows. The time was 12:15 so I decided to go ahead and go get the girls even before the designated 1:30 dismissal. We made it home and hurriedly unloaded the groceries before settling into pajamas and waiting for the predicted inclement weather.   
At 2:30, the first fluffy wet snow flake fell from the sky to the fan fare of squeals of delight from the girls. By 3:15 the girls were dressed in their new pink and purple snow gear I had found only two days earlier on the clearance aisle at Target

 I had joked with the check-out clerk that my purchase of snow gear would ensure that we would NOT get snow.  I was thankful that Mother Nature proved me wrong with her gift of white.
 The girls exuberance for the white fluffy winter wonderland just outside our door was as pure as the snow they were playing in. There is something about a first snowfall that always brings a smile and a feeling of being a kid again.
We spent several hours out in the snow enjoying sledding, making snow angels, building a snow man and playing with our neighbors.





The sun is shining brightly today and most likely all of the snow will have melted away by tomorrow. I am very thankful that 2013 has given us the gift of snow. If it snows again this year or not, we will have one wonderful snow that will go into our memory books.




3 comments:

nancy said...

Oh, what wonderful, beautiful pictures! Those are the best kinds of snows - the ones that are big and fluffy and don't hang around too long. The girls look so excited and warm in their snow gear. The sled pictures are really cute, and, yes, the first snow at "The Avery House" will be a wonderful memory!

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

Oh, Amy, what FUN! That was a good amount of snow! Glad you had those outfits. I was wondering just the other day if I should buy those outfits but thought surely we wouldn't need them. Wondering if we'll see any snow here in Franklin. Glad I can see your blog!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Such cute kiddos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...