Friday, January 4, 2013

A "Magical" New Year!

Happy New Year 2013! Our year at The Avery House has gotten off to a magical start with a vacation to Disney World. We decided to drive down to Mickey's home this year after not being able to score any plane tickets for less than $500 a piece. The drive down from East Tennessee wasn't bad as we made our way through Georgia and passed by the exit to Macon, the city of my birth. The girls were incredulous that I was born in Georgia. I assured them that I was not making up any tall tales and that I am indeed a Georgia peach transplanted in Tennessee :-)! On this trip we brought our amazing sitter Miss Ali with us, not because we needed a sitter for the girls, but because she's never been to Disney and we love her dearly. We landed at Downtown Disney after our 10 hour drive on Wednesday and spent yesterday at the Magic Kingdom. Howie and I both were blown away at the number of people in the park! We've been here four other times and have never seen it so crowded! It's supposed to not be crowded at all after today. I have my fingers crossed! We were also shocked to see 6000 college kids from various Catholic Universities staying at our hotel the Disney Swan. We were going on and on about how nice and peaceful our hotel is to Miss Ali and that its a nice retreat after long days in the Disney parks, only to walk in and find 6000 enthusiastic college friends in the lobby. I sure hope Miss Ali doesn't run screaming for the hills before the end of the trip! ;-). No, in reality, its all been fine, just not the norm from years past. We are having a wonderful time and have plans for much much more fun! I am posting from my iPhone so I will have more photos from my big girl camera to recap our trip very soon. Until then, I hope that your year has gotten off to a magical start full of fun and adventure.



















1 comment:

Sheri said...

Happy New Year Sweet Lady! Your pics are adorable - I LOVE the girls minnie outfits, how adorable. I love how you dress them. Your sitter is adorable as well - how nice of you to take her. I hope you have a wonderful 2013 and may God Bless you BIG. xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...