Saturday, December 15, 2012

Tender Thoughts

As I write this post I can't help but think of all of the mothers and fathers and grandparents and family and community members who are mourning the loss of their dear beloved children who were lost to this world yesterday. All of those children both the young and the grown are God's beloved and I know that they are at peace with our Father now in Heaven. It is the only peace that I can glean from such a horrible tragedy. My heart breaks for these families as I hug my own sweet children tight. As a former kindergarten teacher who thought of my students as my own children and now as the mother of a kindergartner and second grader I can not even fathom the grief and pain that these families and community members are feeling. I know that I do not stand alone in feeling this. I truly believe that as we all mourn and pray for these children and their families, we feel the connectedness that only God can pour through us in our collective outreach to this community. Through it all, HE is there and will bring a peace that will surpass any understanding. I will continue to pray with you for these families and I will continue to give thanks for the gift of each day that I am given with my own two blessings as well as all children with whom I am priveledged to know.

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Beautiful post!

nancy said...

My prayers, also, to those who have lost so much, and my love to all of you that I cherish so much!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

My heart breaks for the families. I could only think of the sweet innocent eyes that were shut way to early in the sensless tradgedy, I agonize with this. My prayers are with you all. May we all stand together to find a way to eliminate the terror that is befalling society in random acts or planned attacks of terrorism. My sincerest heart-felt prayers are with us all as we go through this pain that has befallen the families and society.

patty said...

amen, amy. xo

Between You and Me said...

broken hearted over these losses....
praying for the families and friends...that they would sense his presence in an overwhelming way and that it would bring peace and comfort.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...