Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Joy to the World!

It is an amazing gift when you experience true joy. On that Holy Night so many years ago, the world did indeed receive the gift of Joy when God came and dwelled amongst us in the form of the infant Christ Child. The shepherds and wise men who looked for and found the baby laying in a manger must have felt overwhelmed by the experience of joy they felt in viewing their King. 
 That unbridled and complete joy must have thrown them to their knees in awe and tears must have streamed from their eyes as they received God's gift to them of Joy in the form of Jesus. On Christmas Eve, we celebrated the birth of Jesus at our church along with many others around the world. I had the pure honor of directing the Nativity Pageant this year and had the privilege of working with some very amazing children and parents.
 It was a  true gift to be a part of our church's Nativity Pageant, and I experienced great joy in watching all of the precious children actively engage in their role in the retelling of Christ's birth.
 The feeling of true joy that I experienced on Christmas Eve did indeed bring me to my knees and tears to my eyes as I received the gift of Jesus in the form of the smiles, excitement, and enthusiasm of all of the children who participated in the the Nativity Pageant as well as in the encouragement from parents, the wonderful staff I work with and the church congregation.
 In celebrating the birth of Jesus this year, I realized that Christmas is not just a one day event. Christmas is rather a way of living all year long and knowing and receiving the joy that is Christ Jesus. Christmas is also sharing that joy with others each and every day that we are here on Earth.
 Through my work with children as a teacher and now as the Director of Children's Ministries at Ascension, I receive true joy that is given to me from God through the work that  he has called me to do. I believe God gives each of us gifts that when we use them to do his work we in turn receive the gift of true joy. May all God's children find the Joy of Christmas in their hearts not only on the day that we celebrate Jesus' birth but also on each and every day of their lives.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...