Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful for Character

              Y'all where has November gone to? Next week at this time we will all be sitting down to a Thanksgiving dinner with families and friends and then one more week and November will make her last appearance for 2011. I feel the days are speeding by faster and faster as the holiday season approaches. This has been my hardest month thus far in keeping up with my 365 Project post, however, I do have lots of photos that will sneak their way in at some point in November. Today, though, I  don't want to sneak in a catch-up post because it's just too important.
              The week Howie and I left for Puerto Rico, we were invited by Emma-Caroline's school for a surprise presentation of an award for our girl at the Character Counts Assembly. Howie and I were both so proud of sweet Emma-Caroline when her name was announced by her principal, Mrs. Dunlap, and she shyly processed forward to receive her certificate for displaying all 6 pillars of Character in the Character Counts Program. Emma-Caroline is such a caring little girl who really strives to help others and be respectful to her peers and teachers while doing her personal best. She does so willingly and with humility, which does make a parent very proud. I am thankful for the character that Emma-Caroline displays to not only her classmates and teachers but also to all of us here in our home. We are blessed to have Emma-Caroline as our daughter!
 Receiving her award with her friends Julia and Parkey
 Parkey and Emma-Caroline
All of the first grade Character Counts award recipients and Mrs. Dunlap.

 Super excited!
Proud Daddy!

2 comments:

nancy said...

I am so glad that Emma-Caroline is blessed with the virtue of humility and, also, so many other wonderful charateristics. I know that y'all are so proud of her! I love her snaggle-toothed grin! The pictures of all of these children are so cute. Bearden is a great school!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

I am so proud of my little niece. I think she is special in every way. Her kindness and manners at her age is awesome. We love you Emma-Caroline.

Love,
Aunt Brenda
Memphis, TN
\

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...