Friday, November 25, 2011

Getting Ready for the Holidays

          Yes, it is true the holiday season is upon us! Hard to believe, right? As I type this, I am sitting in my bathrobe (very rare for me) at 11:19am. No, I did not partake in the CRAZE of Black Friday. I never do. I actually have great anxiety when it comes to thinking of Black Friday. Shopping in big huge crowds of people looking for the BEST deals to be had really makes me almost hyperventilate. So I hold up here in my house of Black Friday and wait until Monday when the crowds have died down before even going to the grocery store. This year, I decided that I was going to get all of my Christmas shopping done in the first week in November. I accomplished my goal, and now I just need to wrap the presents that have been sitting in my closet for the past three weeks. We will pull the Christmas decor out of the attic today and begin our decorating for the holidays. This year, my real goal is to get to enjoy the season of Advent before Christmas. Since Advent begins this Sunday, I have plans for all the hustle and bustle to be mostly finished so that I can really take in the waiting and preparing that we do in Advent for the celebration of the birth of Christ at Christmas. It is here, this holiday season, and I am looking forward to really taking time to prepare my heart for it's true meaning in the celebration of Jesus' Nativity.
        Before the actual holiday season began, we made our annual trip to the Fantasy of Trees to benefit Children's Hospital. Here is a family photo of us in the wonderland of trees. Let the holiday decorating begin! Have a blessed weekend!

2 comments:

nancy said...

I think it is wonderful that you will be able to enjoy the Christmas season without feeling stressed! I think it will mean a lot to you and your family not to be drawn up into the hustle and bustle of Christmas, but rather to be able to focus on the true meaning. The time that you will now be able to spend with Howie and the girls will surely leave you with some wonderful memories! I'm looking forward to spending Christmas with you all, and can't wait to be listening to some beautiful carols, sitting by your glowing fire, enjoying the lights, and having some wonderful marshmellowy hot chocolate!

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Awesome picture. Nancy's post makes me dream of Christmas already. I love the season!!! I am fully decorated and ready to relax and enjoy it all at my home with family and friends. Wish you all could be with us but the distance does not permit I know, especially since Santa needs to find his way to your Knoxville home in order to bring Christmas items to the girls. You all will certainly be in my heart during our family time in Memphis.
Love,
Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...