Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sweet Shot Tueday!

I am participating again this week in Darcy's "Sweet Shot Tuesday." Today's shot is of our coral bark maple tree. I actually really love this little tree for many reasons, one of which is that it has an AWESOME  bark color. Saturday had such beautiful blue skies and with that as a backdrop, this little Miss Coral Bark looked simply stunning.  The reasons I am posting this photo as my "sweet shot" are because 1) I love the color composition and 2) I used all manual settings, which I have been doing for awhile with lighting, but this one was also done with manual focus. Please hop on over to Darcy's to see some pretty amazing photos there that other awesome photographers have submitted.
Sweet Shot Day

4 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

I don't think I've ever seen this species of maple! It's wonderful! When I saw the thumbnail, I thought it was a redwood shrub we have around here. Beautiful contrast between the red and the blue sky.

Kathleen said...

Love this - what a beautiful shot! Well done!

Unknown said...

I love these pictures Amy! I have been wanting to commit to the 365 Project as well but I have so many things going on now that I will have to wait until next year. You will learn so much by doing this! Beautiful images :)

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful colors!

And thank you for your sweet words over at my place. =)

bek

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...