Friday, March 1, 2013

March 1=Spring!

So I know that our 365 days of the year are broken into four seasons and that those particular seasons begin on the solstices, pretty elementary, right? But you see, I don't completely accept the start dates of Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. In my book, Winter begins December 1st and ends February 28 or 29 in a leap year. Summer is June, July and August. Fall is September, October and November , and Spring begins with March 1 and ends on May 31. To me, my dates make more sense ;-)! I also like to think that my birthday of March 13 occurs in the Spring when the daffodils are in full bloom and the days are beginning to get longer. Of course, I will concede that the solstice calendar will always mark our seasonal beginnings and endings, but for me, March 1 equals Spring!







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...