Monday, March 18, 2013

The Blessing of Warm, Sunshiny Days and Friendship

As  I type this post, I am watching the rain come down in sheets outside my window. Just yesterday, I sat in my back yard soaking up the warmth of the glorious sun's rays while a gentle breeze crossed my cheeks and the birds sang their loudest hallelujah chorus that we finally had delightful weather. Thunder rolls and lightening pierces the sky as my days in the sun have become a cherished memory. My body prefers the sun and warmth. My Rheumatoid Arthritis and Mr. Rainy Cold Weather don't get along. Miss RA likes to show her displeasure with the turn of the weather by shouting loudly through each and every one of my joints. So when the coinhabitor of my body acts out, I like to recall the days prior of sunshine and warmth and fun times with the girls.
 This past weekend was filled with many hours out in the sun. The girls and their neighborhood friends decided to set up an "Art Stand" to sell their original pieces of artwork.
 Each friend contributed to the business through either providing art pieces, soliciting sales, or counting their earnings. These kiddos were quite the team as they diligently worked together on their Art Stand. All told, the crew earned $11 of which they decided to donate to charity.






 As I watched the kiddos working so hard together, I felt blessed that we live in such a wonderful neighborhood with so many friends to build memories with.
 I have always felt God chose this house and neighborhood for our family to live in.
  It is on weekends like this past one in which I am reminded of God's great love and wonderful provisions of grace and joy for our family as we enjoy the gift of friendship and building happy memories.

4 comments:

nancy said...

So cute and such team effort! Hope you have many, many more warm days to soak up that sun!

dee lockwood-hicks said...

What a creative and original idea. I'd have bought a piece of that artwork in a hearbeat. Bless their little hearts for wanting to give the money to charity. At their age we'd have been down at the 7eleven buying candy!

dee lockwood-hicks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
patty said...

it does seem like a wonderful neighborhood for your girls! we live in a small community where most home-owners are retired, so my kids have to bring their friends in! {which i always love}.

love the shot w the little one in the tutu, looking up at the boy-great shot! and a great activity!

thank you for sharing at 1440, amy!!

xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...