Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Vacation from Cooking!

One of the drawbacks of living in a house under construction(besides the obvious) is not having the ability to do normal everything tasks like, oh I don't know, cook in your kitchen! We have a fabulous kitchen with a professional stove (which scares me a little, but that's for another post), but the stove is inoperable at the present time because there is no gas to the house as of yet.
Now considering that our actual move in date was pushed back a month and a half, one would think that KUB would have been notified and that a gas line would have been run all before we had moved in and set up house. Not so much. KUB did not arrive on the scene until Thursday and told us it would be another two weeks before we would have a gas line. NICE!
So, by default, I am on a vacation from cooking until such time that we have an operable stove. In the mean time we have been dining at one of our favorite places to eat, Panera.
I feel like perhaps we should own stock in Panera with how much we frequent it.
We even know how many balls of mozzarella cheese should be in the tomato, basil, mozzarella salad and will send it back if it is not up to par.
It will be nice when we are able to cook in our lovely kitchen. Until then I suppose I should enjoy my vacation.
EC enjoying one of her favorite things, an everything bagel.
Makes me hungry just looking at this picture!

1 comment:

Brenda Ledbetter said...

Well that makes me hungry also, looks so good!!! I love their coffee and salads. Hopefully, it won't be long before the great smell of home cooking will be in the air at your home. Looks like fun for now, enjoy it. Much love,

Aunt Brenda - Memphis, TN

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...